Monday, September 1, 2008

Chicken Broccoli Casserole

3-4 Chicken Breasts (cooked)
1 16oz package of Frozen Broccoli (Chopped)
3/4 Cup Mayonaise
1 can Cream of Chicken Soup
1/4 Cup Evaporated Milk (you can use regular milk)
1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
1 Tablespoon Curry (use more if you want)
1 Cup of Cheddar Cheese (more if you want)
1 Cup or more of Bread Crumbs

Bake Chicken (with bone or boneless/skinless) at 350 for 30 minutes to an hour in a 9x13 pan-until done. Remove chicken from pan to cool. Place frozen broccoli in pan (while pan is still hot) so broccoli can thaw a little. Shread chicken (or cut into cubes) and sprinkle on top of broccoli, covering the broccoli. Mix together Mayonaise, Milk, Lemon Juice, Curry, and Cheddar Cheese-the mixture will be a little thick. Pour and spread over chicken. Sprinkle bread crumbs over the mixture. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.

Hope's Notes:
I will bake the chicken in the morning or the day before I make this. I add more Curry and Cheddar Cheese. I use 2 pieces of buttered bread and throw it in the blender or food processer, I have also used store bought Bread Crumbs-plain not Italian. I also use regular milk. You can try to make this in a Lower Fat version-but it doesn't taste the same (ask Lee and his picky palate).

Hope's Story:
Patty made this for Lee and I the night when I first met Mike and Patty when Lee and I were dating. We also had her famouse Refridgerator Rolls with it. When Lee and I first got married, I couldn't cook. In fact, I introduced Lee to his first "T.V. dinner or frozen entree" our first week of marriage. Patty gave me this recipe telling me that this was Leelands favorite recipe, and it was and still is. At first, it was a pain in the you know what to make this. But now, it's easy and I never have to look at the recipe.

No comments: